Get Up and Running with Hawaiian's Run & Walk Club, Summer Kick-Start Program!
Are you a runner or walker? Are you keen to improve your running ability or commence running under the watchful eye of a trainer? Alternatively, are you just wanting to meet up with a group to go for a weekly walk? If this sounds like you, then you're invited to join our Summer Kickstart Program!
Throughout the program, our coaches will improve your running by providing insight into how different running styles and training sessions that will help you to train smarter. You will learn how to develop proper running techniques through demonstrations, exercises and the constant monitoring by our coaches throughout your sessions.
- Specific warm up exercises as well static stretches to help prevent injury
- Proper running technique through demonstrations, exercises and monitoring and correcting you throughout your sessions
- The different benefits of different types of runs and training to ensure you gain a great insight to running and get the most out of your training.
The club meets twice a week, with the first session of the week on Tuesday focusing on running technique and interval training to improve your running efficiency and performance.
The second session on Thursday will be focused on mobility, fascial freeing and core conditioning to ensure you’re able to recover from your training and increase your core strength to improve your overall performance.
Interval Running Training
Day and Time: Tuesday Mornings at 6.30am
Location: Outside 235 St Georges Terrace
Session Focus: Improving run technique and performance.
- Interval Training to help increase your speed and improve aerobic and aerobic fitness.
- Easy Longer Runs, focusing on building endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
- Steady Pace Runs for building aerobic fitness, training the body to run at a faster but consistent pace.
Recovery and Stretching Session
Day and Time: Thursday Mornings at 7.00am
Location: London House Conference Room
Session Focus: Specific strength and core exercises to facilitate progression and eliminate weak links.
These sessions are really important to ensure runners reduce their chances of injury. You're only as good as the workout you recover from, so getting the recovery right will ensure you're getting the most out of your training.
Want Extra Sessions?
As part of the program, all participants will be eligible to join the VAULT timetabled run group class currently held on Monday's at 12.30pm located down near the bell tower.If they cannot attend the session from this program, they can attend this class as a backup, or as an extra session if they want additional training. VAULT takes pride in always taking a supportive and caring approach that motivates participants to not only put in their best efforts but also create an enjoyable environment and supportive network amongst the group.
If you have any questions get in touch with the VAULT team at [email protected] and they can help you out.